Thursday, June 11, 2009

Well Maybe Just a Little Satisfaction, Mick


Since seeing St. Vincent in Millennium Park on Monday night, I have been trying to track down "Black Rainbow," one of the songs off her new album. I'd have caved and bought it from iTunes. Really, I would have. But my account isn't letting my complete purchases at the moment, so I've been reduced to more normal, slightly more amoral tactics. After exhausting The Hype Machine and Dilandau unsuccessfully, I went to a crude Google search.

I was pretty bummed that my review of the concert - which name-dropped the song in question, apparently a relatively rare one - didn't show up till the third page of results. Bummed, that is, only until I saw the next hit down: Sasha Frere-Jones' blog for the New Yorker, and its mention of the song. I felt much less shabby topping that, if only by a spot.

No comments: